It’s a new year. New dreams. New goals. An opportunity to review and reflect on our inner state. Approaching life from an inner connection helps you gain a sense of empowerment.
Last week, a corporate group I work with wanted to set new goals for the year. But they didn’t want to focus on the typical stuff about money or health.
Instead, they each expressed a desire that 2019 be different. Their focus was on how to live with intention and from an inner place of empowerment. They want to live stress-less, have more energy, and foster better relationships.
I led two exercises helping them connect with their inner self. You too can give these a try and see what happens.
- Close your eyes.
- Take a deep cleansing breath.
- Now imagine champagne bubbles filling up your torso.
- Notice them. What do they look like? What do they feel like?
- What words come to mind as you experience the bubbles?
- How would you describe this experience?
Exercise 2: P-B-C
- Breathe into your body.
- Focus on your breath coming in.
- Let your breath out and focus on its going out.
- Connect to your torso.
- What do you feel? What words come to mind?
By using mind-body exercises, you can learn to listen deeply and connect to your inner state.
The act of noticing, focusing, and naming your feelings creates a space of empowerment. From there you can move into your intentions for what to do next.
From a place of empowerment, last week’s group stepped into their 2019 goals with more self-awareness and even joy. They felt renewed and energized as they returned to work.
Learn more about mind-body exercises at
January 25 – 27
Find your inner resilience for situations like these:
- When that irritating teen shows up.
- When feelings of sadness well up threatening to overwhelm.
- When you want to move forward but have no energy or feel numb.
Click here for Winter Retreat Info