Did you know that gifted children are possibly at higher risk of suicide? We need more research about the links between giftedness, youth, and suicide. That’s why I’m asking you to complete an anonymous survey.
By taking the survey, you’ll help:
- raise awareness and
- prevent suicides.
When we know better, we do better.
Many of us are privileged to be parents of gifted children. Others of us, like me, have already lost our beloved gifted child to suicide.
Help us save lives and prevent suicide by learning more about the risks gifted children face.
Click this button to take the survey. It should only take 1-2 minutes. The survey questions are also posted below for your review and so you can save them for reference.
Was (or is) your child…
- Super Sensitive to smells, tastes, touch, feelings of others (empathetic), and/or pollution?
- Creatively gifted with vivid imagination expressed in writing, music, acting, and/or art?
- Athletic and intensely competitive?
- Charismatic and admired by peers?
- Concerned for others: kind, helpful, protective, and formed strong loyal friendships?
- Impulsive in behavior, quick thinking and acting?
- Hyper-critical of self, a perfectionist, a black-white thinker, super-responsible, and/or had a strong sense of justice?
- Very bright, intelligent, loved learning, had a deep curiosity about the world around them?
- Emotional with physical expression of emotions – often extreme emotion?
- Capable of intense focus?
Reminder: take the survey by clicking the button. It should only take about 1-2 minutes.
Thank you for your time and support in submitting the survey.
If you thought it helpful, please forward it to someone you know who’s had a beloved child ages 7-28 die by suicide.
Suicide Risk Assessment Tool
This questionnaire can also act as a Suicide Risk Assessment Tool for Ages 7-28. Its purposes are to raise awareness in parents and educators. It also helps identify gifted youth who might be at risk for impulsive suicide.
In addition, I’ve submitted this Suicide Risk Assessment Tool for consideration by The American Association of Suicidology. Their 2020 conference will be held here in Portland, Or – April 22-25, 2020.
Love all around, above, below, to the left and to the right, before you and behind you,