A series of devastating losses led me to become a trauma and grief therapist. Let me share my powerful story, unique insight and practical tools with your group.
In 3 short years, my life was rocked by the loss of 5 people I loved. Two of them – my teenage son and brother died by suicide. To begin my personal recovery, I read everything I could find on grief. In fact, my extensive study led to a new awareness – an aspect of grief no one talks about – grief lives in the body.
I emerged several years later as a trauma specialist and grief therapist. Today, I guide people to work through the landscape of their grief. Together we recover and rebuild their lives after many kinds of loss.
Audiences gain the awareness that they can be transformed and move beyond their grief.
Through my keynotes and trainings, participants are empowered to recognize and then respond to their grief, instead of resisting it. They gain a new awareness that grief lives in their body.
Participants leave with practical, self-care tools to safely lean into their trauma and loss. And this is vital, because when you grieve mindfully, you can be transformed beyond your loss to emerge stronger and happier.
As a grief therapist, my speaking style is interactive, enabling me to engage audiences of all ages and backgrounds. My audiences include caregivers for end-of-life patients, hospice teams, and grieving parents. I also speak to organizations that have experienced the death of an employee.
My keynote and workshop topics:
- A Brand New Day: Recover and Rebuild After Loss
- Grief – One Size Does Not Fit All
- Shuttle Out of the Vortex of Workplace Grief to Sacred Balance
- Stress to Rest-Tools for the Workplace and Family CAREGiver
- Is Private Therapy for you: Demo of Transformative Power of Rubenfeld Synergy Method
A selection of groups I have spoken to:
- Visiting Angels Employee Education
- International Organization of Noetic Sciences
- Oregon Health Care Association
- Home Instead
- Home Matters Caregiving
- Mental Health Ministry, First Plymouth Congregational Church, Lincoln, Nebraska
- New Thought Center for Spiritual Living
- The Original Afterlife Awareness Conference
“I was mired in grief for two years after my father died. If I would’ve known the power of Georgena’s healing energy during that time, I would have been glued to her hip. Three sessions with her cleared old grief I did not even know I had.”
– Dementia Sherpa