Someone said to me this week:
“During this time of the Coronavirous pandemic, people are not feeling grief. They are actually feeling FEAR, PANIC, FRUSTRATION, ALARMED, DISCONNECTED, ISOLATED, STRESSED OUT, AND VULNERABLE. Only later, when close ones have died, jobs are permanently lost, the economy tanks, and savings disappear will we feel grief. But NOT NOW.”
Yet we process the emotions listed above just like we move through the grief process- one breath, one sensation, one feeling at a time.
You’ve heard me say this over and over: “Loss is a natural part of life. Grief is a universal consequence of loss. Grief is an inside job. It’s a process.”
The same is true for how we process our feelings during these crazy times. It’s also an inside job. It’s a process.
I care about you. And I care about how you’re processing your emotions. Left unacknowledged, they’ll take an unhealthy toll.
ACE your negative emotions – a powerful technique to help you process.
Listen to this audio as I lead you through the process.
Move from the:
A/Anguished Aloneness and disconnection to
C/Connection with your body, your breath, to be gentle with yourself and others
E/Explore the question “Who am I now in this state of social distancing?”
Breathe in. (Deep inhale.)
Breathe out. (Cleansing exhale.)
1. Identify where these feelings of fear, panic, disconnection, frustration, stress and vulnerability live in your body.
2. Notice where the ache, pain, tension or sensation is in your body.
3. Float you hand(s) to connect with that place.
4. Listen, (because “when we access the messages of the body, the dark emotions are released.”)
5. Ask that place, “What emotion is here?” (identify it and name it)
6. Then ask, “What do you want me to know in this moment?”
Feel free to share this newsletter with others. It’s a time to support each other physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Love all around, above, below, to the left and to the right, before you and behind you,
P.S. – Discover more about the power within and the wisdom of the body on page 78 of my book, A New Mourning. Read the part about the Golden Buddha.